Low Carbon follows a well-defined and structured process in developing high quality onshore wind projects.
Greater turbine efficiencies combined with developer expertise and reducing turbine costs, mean wind farms are now one of the cleanest and most cost effective form of clean energy.
Once operational, the infrastructure footprint of a wind farm, which includes turbine foundations and access tracks, is relatively modest, enabling continued grazing and mixed land use.
Low Carbon manages the entire process.
1. Land assessment: we evaluate your land’s suitability for a wind farm and with an exclusivity agreement in place, we may carry out some initial environmental surveys
2. Grid connection: with your approval, we apply for a no obligation grid connection on your land
3. Planning: with a secure land agreement in place with you, Low Carbon will undertake a full Environmental Impact Assessment and a full planning application for the agreed site
4. Construction: with planning completed and a grid connection confirmed, Low Carbon will initiate the construction of the wind farm
5. Operation and Asset Management: once the site has been successfully commissioned, the wind farm becomes fully operational. All asset management duties are carried out by Low Carbon
6. Local community: we will engage and work with your community and other local stakeholders to deliver the maximum benefit to your area
Wind farms are a well-established and proven renewable energy technology. Wind turbines produce electricity from the wind's kinetic energy, converting it into clean, sustainable power. Wind farms have several advantages, including: