Low Carbon develops both co-located and standalone energy storage assets, to unlock the full potential of intermittent wind and solar.
Battery energy storage systems (BESS), are devices that enable energy from renewables to be stored and then released when power is needed most.
Grid-scale storage is a necessity to enable a fully renewable grid.
Unlike other renewable assets, the footprint of storage is small and unintrusive. If you have even a small plot of land available and are interested in the opportunity to generate long-term, sustainable income please contact us via email email@example.com or by completing the contact form here.
Low Carbon manages the entire process.
1. Land assessment: we work with landowners to evaluate the suitability for battery storage and follow with land and environment surveys
2. Grid connection: with your approval, we apply for a zero obligation grid connection on your land
3. Planning: once the land agreement is secured with the owner, we will undertake a full Environmental Impact Assessment and apply for planning
4. Construction: with planning completed and a grid connection confirmed, Low Carbon will initiate the construction of the battery storage site
5. Operation and Asset Management: once the site has been successfully commissioned, the battery storage site becomes fully operational. All asset management duties are carried out by Low Carbon
6. Local community: we will engage and work with your community and other local stakeholders to deliver the maximum benefit to your area