Low Carbon is a privately-owned UK investment company committed to making a positive, significant and lasting impact on the causes of climate change. Through the development and operation of renewable energy power production at scale, we aim to reduce carbon emissions and mitigate the negative effects of climate change.
Low Carbon strives to make economic, environmental and social considerations integral to our decision-making processes. We are committed to being a responsible and sustainable business that values our people, acts as a responsible steward of our environment for future generations and creates long lasting economic value.
This document sets out the broad sustainability statement that applies to all Low Carbon operations. The aims are all complementary and should not be viewed in silo or exclusively to others.
- We aim to fund and operate renewable power production at scale.
- As a result of the above, we aim to alter social awareness in pursuit of a genuine low carbon future.
- We aim to work with clients and partners to build scale and embed sustainable thinking as part of a shared philosophy.
- We aim to deliver sustainable profitable growth while satisfying our ethical, legal and contractual obligations.
- We aim to prevent pollution, minimise waste and encourage the efficient use of natural resources throughout all our business operations.
- We aim to improve our energy efficiency and reduce our carbon footprint across all our operations, adopting best practice where possible to support continued improvements in our environmental performance.
- We aim to nurture and enhance biodiversity as part of our business operations and activities.
- We aim to consider the environmental impacts of our supply chain, and where possible, purchase goods that have a minimal impact on the environment.
- We aim to assess and work with keys suppliers that uphold the highest levels of environmental performance to ensure compliance with environmental standards.
- We aim to create an exciting and inspiring workplace for all employees, providing opportunities to develop their skill set and contribute to the growth of the business.
- We aim to provide an inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected.
- We aim to improve the environmental awareness of all our employees as part of their personal and professional development, through sustainability related training and events.
This policy will be circulated to all Low Carbon employees and made available to the public on our website. All employees are expected to adhere to this policy and report any concerns regarding environmental issues to their line manager.
Low Carbon is committed to reviewing this sustainability policy on an annual basis. We also undertake to produce an annual sustainability report highlighting progress, learning and future sustainability aspirations.
Chief Executive Officer
Juan Martin Alfonso
Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer